For the Birds is a NYC-based feminist collective working to combat social inequality and challenge all forms of oppression through an intersectional feminist analysis of power both within our collective and in our larger society.
As a collective we value collaboration, shared knowledge, self-expression, and meaningful communication. We seek to combat transphobia, sexism, racism, classism, heterosexism, ableism, capitalism and other forms of oppression, and to reflect on our own privileges. Our activism emphasizes the need for accessibility, safer spaces, and support within our communities.
WHAT WE DO:
- Workshops, discussions, and other events
- A bi-monthly feminist event email newsletter
- Tabling at feminist events with our zine distro
- Engage with online feminist communities via our website, blog, and various social media outlets
- Internal group processing and care
- Group retreats
We wrote a zine, So You Want to Start a Feminist Collective, to describe our collective process, encourage others to start their own collectives, and share the knowledge we’ve gained together. If you are interested in organizing or collaborating with us, please get in touch!